Leader: Henry BROWNE
House of Representatives seats, 2004: -
The United National Empowerment Party, envision a just society, a society wedded to social equality. We envision a caring society characterised by peace and civility. We envision a society with a buoyant open market economy, a society that is prosperous, a society in which political openness is the norm. We envision a society, indeed a Nation, under the direction of a clean, effective government with principled leadership and strict accountability. The United National Empowerment Party cannot achieve these goals by itself, but with your help, we can and we will.
The aims of the party include:
- True participatory democracy within a framework conducive to the private sector,the accepted engine of growth in the economy;
- A strong economy which narrows the gulf between the rich and the poor;
- Meaningful investment in essential services;
- Healing the political and social division; and
- Meaningful constitutional reform focusing on St. Kitts and Nevis occupying a single economic space within an enduring federal structure in which all existing rights of our citizens are protected and secured.